Friday, February 27, 2015

2015: Current Wardrobe vs. Planned Wardrobe

Central Park, Personal Photo

Well, I wasn't trying leave this blog empty for so long, but a few months ago my laptop broke, and I was too lazy to get it properly fixed for...apparently like six months. In any case, I never did repair it - I bought a new one. So I'm now the proud  owner of a Dell Inspiron 11, and, according to my sister, possibly the only person who doesn't hate Windows 8. 

Anyway. I won't even try to individually review all the purchases and shopping conclusions I've made since September; that would be way too cumbersome. I know it's  already the last week of February, but I think I'm going to start out (semi-)fresh, with the post I had intended for January. All this is, is a comparison of what I actually own vs. the wardrobe plan I've been attempting to follow since about the middle of last year.



Totaled up, I currently own 48 items and plan for 64. I suppose it depends on the person whether that's a lot or a little - I'm not sure if it's even "just right" for me, but it's something to work from right now. I find it much easier to say no to things I don't need (or "need", in this case) when I have an idea of what I'm "supposed" to be buying, rather than going by the list I keep in my head, which tends to include everything I see and want at the moment.

With that said, I also created a list of priority items I'd like to add in 2015:

1. Nude heels
2. Blush silk blouse
3. Mariniere shirt
4. Patterned skirt for Spring/Summer
5. Navy Shirt Dress
6. Delicate gold necklace
7. Ankle Boots
8. Cream Long Cardigan
9. Gold Ring
10. Crystal/Clear/White Stone Ring
11. Mid-length Winter Coat
12. Colorful Scarf

That's not counting what I want to replace, which is an equally long list in itself, so these 12 items are actually pretty ambitious for my budget. I give myself roughly $100 a month for clothing items, but I'll be the first to admit I rarely stay within that range. I definitely don't cut into saving or use credit to purchase clothes, so I'm not irresponsible when I buy - I'm just not responsible, either. That's something I'll have to think about - and, I'm sure, address in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment